Upgrade your POS terminals to accept payWave transactions from leading mobile payment solutions.
The Visa payWave experience
Visa payWave uses an embedded computer chip to send payment information to a secure reader at the point of sale. Users may wave their card or device within 1-2 inches of the reader to make payments.
How it works
Visa payWave’s contactless payment technology lets users pay with just a wave of their card or device.
How to accept Visa payWave
There are two ways to start accepting Visa payWave transactions:
- Install integrated terminals that include the Visa-enabled reader
- Add a peripheral Visa-enabled reader to your existing POS terminal
Faster and more convenient electronic payments.
- Visa payWave’s speed, convenience and security can help boost loyalty while reducing abandonment
- No signature is required for most transactions under $25, for added convenience
- Customers, on average, spend more than twice as much with Visa purchases as they do with cash payments. While the average U.S. cash transaction is $17, credit card purchases average $661
- Improved efficiency moves checkout lines more quickly, and employees handle less cash, which in turn can lead to savings
- Enhanced security and reduced risk of fraud
1 Source: Visa Payment Panel Study (2Q11 - 1Q12). Visa Payment Panel Study was commissioned by Visa and has been conducted continuously since 1991 by independent research firm TNS among 20,000 respondents annually, aged 18+, and who own at least one payment card.
Q + A
Want to know more? Select any of the questions below for more detail.